Who We Are
Progress Virginia and our sister organization, Progress Virginia Education Fund, are hiring a digital director to join our team. Progress Virginia is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. We provide a strong, credible voice for advancing progressive values and solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own—we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community.
What You’ll Do
- Develop digital department goals and strategy, in collaboration with Executive Director, to drive our organizational growth, fundraising, and campaign victories
- Envision, package and execute strategic online campaigns yourself, supervise the digital associate, and collaborate with other staff as needed to meet our goals
- Manage our online presence, including social media, campaign-specific websites, and our website and blog
- Oversee our editorial calendar to ensure quality content is produced on schedule
- Promote a culture of testing and learning across the organization, track and assess our progress towards online metrics, and adapt our approach as needed
- Serve as digital expert and point of contact to our local and national progressive partners
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you will excel in five areas:
- Strong advocacy communication skills: Your writing compels our target audiences to act. Your verbal communication draws our advocacy partners together.
- A strategic thinking mindset: You have a firm grasp of how digital helps us reach our goals, the skills to develop plans to meet those goals, and the ability to creatively respond to emerging opportunities.
- Project management skills: You thrive when you have multiple projects to stay on top of and don’t drop balls.
- Technical acumen: You are fluent in HTML, are experienced with a content management system, and understand search engine optimization.
- Flexible and quick on your feet: You can pivot quickly as outside dynamics change, operate on short deadlines, and enjoy an environment filled with unexpected opportunities.
What Else You Should Know
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
Progress Virginia operates a virtual office. Candidates should expect to work from home (in Virginia), and occasionally travel for events and meetings. The position is full-time.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply today!
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If we find your skills match those of the position, we will contact you for an interview.