Who We Are
Progress Virginia Education Fund and our sister organization, Progress Virginia, are seeking a coalition program manager to join our team. Progress Virginia is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. We provide a strong, credible voice for advancing progressive values and solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own—we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community.
The Coalition Program Manager’s core responsibility will be to manage and staff the Virginia Women’s Equality Coalition, a dynamic group of advocacy organizations, including NARAL Pro-Choice America of Virginia, NLIRH Virginia Latina Advocacy Network and many more, working to secure full and lasting equality for women in Virginia by advancing access to health care, including reproductive care, expanding economic security, and fostering civic participation. The program manager will advance the coalition’s work to create a diverse, sophisticated activist base that understands the intersectionality of issues impacting women’s equality, including an understanding that abortion access and reproductive rights cannot be excluded from the conversation. The program manager will center feminist voices and perspectives in the coalition’s work to advance a more equitable future.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the strategic growth of the coalition through goal-setting, planning, and coordination to advance a more equitable future for Virginia women
- Build and oversee the implementation and evaluation of our network’s coordinated plan: directing and deploying grassroots tactics like community engagement and media events and online advocacy
- Coordinate and plan work group meetings; own responsibility for identifying and following through on action items and communications
- Analyze progress to maximize results: track coalition strategies, tactics and achievements; utilize data to calibrate coalition work
- Lead events for Progress Virginia Education Fund, Progress Virginia and key allies
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you will excel in five areas:
- Strong advocacy communication skills: Your verbal and written communications will win over potential allies and mobilize our target audiences to action.
- Organizing skills: You are excited about and experienced in volunteer recruitment, event coordination, and gaining visibility for progressive causes, like health care access, reproductive care, economic security and civic participation.
- Project management skills: You thrive when you have multiple projects to stay on top of and don’t drop balls.
- Relationship-builder: You establish alliances and work well with people. Our coalition is committed to representing women across lines of race, socio-economic status, and ability. Your ability to work well with these populations is important to us.
- Flexible and quick on your feet: You can pivot quickly as outside dynamics change, operate on short deadlines, and enjoy an environment filled with unexpected opportunities.
What Else You Should Know
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
Progress Virginia operates a virtual office. Candidates should expect to work from home (in Virginia), and occasionally travel for events and meetings. The position is full-time.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply today!
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we find your skills match those of the position, we will contact you for an interview.