What we’re offering: An opportunity to join our hard charging team. The enthusiastic activist chosen for this position will work directly with the Director of Digital Communications. Responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day content uploading in a variety of content management systems.
- Aid “internal and external teammates” in their adoption and use of CMS and scheduling tools
- Assist with scheduling and content production
- Assist in developing, creating and deploying content across all digital outlets for the website,
- Edit and proofread a variety of content types for the website, ensuring it meets style, tone and marketing message requirements, as well as reflecting brand standards.
- Owns projects end-to-end as assigned and overseen by manager
- Work proactively and volunteer assistance without being asked & under tight schedules
- Performs other duties as assigned
We want you if you are:
- A creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking the initiative and working in collaboration.
- Interested in progressive issues, pop culture trends, and media.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with mainstream social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Certified or willing to get certified in a content management system within first three months of hire.
- Experienced with HTML, SQL, etc. are helpful, but not required
When/Where: Plan on 20-30 hours per week. We’re looking for people who are smart and quick, but breaking events also generate work.
This position is located in Virginia, but you will be working remotely as Progress Virginia is a virtual office environment.
Still Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Please send your resume and portfolio samples (if available) to our Director of Digital Communications April Avant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply early
Progress Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.