ProgressVA is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. Year round, ProgressVA works to engage citizens from across the Commonwealth around issues of immediate state or local concern.
Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own—we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas—a campaign that never stops. We work year-round to challenge conservative propaganda in the media and make sure that progressive perspectives are heard.
2015 Research Intern
What we’re offering: ProgressVA’s research intern will work with our team to collect data, track and analyze key issues, and help conceptualize, research, and write issue memos, blogs, and other documents.
We want you if you are:
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Innovative, creative, and ready to learn from failure (failure is part of the work: embrace it, learn from it, and move on)
- A motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
- A strong writer and researcher
- Knowledgeable of, and interested in, state and national politics
- Committed to advancing progressive policy and values
- Flexible to work on new projects as needed
- Able to work a minimum of 8 hours/week
When/Where/Who: ProgressVA operates a virtual office so interns can be located anywhere in the Commonwealth. However, individuals in close proximity to Richmond may have the opportunity to take on additional General Assembly-related responsibilities.
Interns will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Online Programs as well as have the opportunity to interact with our progressive partners.
Still Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Anna Scholl at email@example.com